The October Tech Talk topic will be: Software Defined Networking & Cloud
Software Defined Networking is “an approach to computer networking that allows network administrators to manage network services through abstraction of lower-level functionality. SDN is meant to address the fact that the static architecture of traditional networks doesn’t support the dynamic, scalable computing and storage needs of more modern computing environments such as data centers. This is done by decoupling or disassociating the system that makes decisions about where traffic is sent (the control plane) from the underlying systems that forward traffic to the selected destination (the data plane).” [Wikipedia]. While this topic might appear of greatest interest to system administrators and network professionals, there are strong implications for those of us with assets in the cloud (which is really all of us).
When: 3pm-4pm, 7 October (AEDT)
- Sam Morrison (Brocade)
- David Wilde (AARNet)
- Sam Morisson (The University of Melbourne)
- Adelaide: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library, University of Adelaide North Tce Campus (starts 2.30pm ACST)
- Brisbane: Room 505, level 5, Axon Building 47, University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus (starts 2.00pm AEST)
- Canberra (Australian National University): meeting room 1, 101 Liversidge Street, Acton, ACT 2601 (starts 3.00pm AEDT)
- Melbourne (University of Melbourne): VicNode meeting room, Doug McDonell Building, University of Melbourne, Parkville Campus (starts 3.00pm AEDT)
- Melbourne (Monash University): G22, Ground Level, S.T.R.I.P. 1, 15 Innovation Walk, Monash Clayton Campus (starts 3:00pm AEDT)
- Perth: ARRC Boardroom (26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington) (starts 1pm AWST)
- Sydney: Join by Zoom meeting
- Virtual Meeting: Zoom virtual meeting
For catering purpose, please register now at http://www.meetup.com/en-AU/monthlytechtalk/events/233899884/.
email@example.com for more information.