Research organisations can purchase storage services via an Institutional subscription on behalf their entire organisation and manage access to their storage. VicNode is able to configure a range of solutions based on your requirements.
Why subscribe to VicNode?
VicNode can work with you to:
- Identify and document the best technical solution to meet your needs
- Enable more extensive national and international collaboration around research data beyond institutional boundaries
- Outsource the management and operation of storage infrastructure
- Lower the cost of institutional data storage
- Facilitate research data compliance and policy needs
- Develop an open, accessible, expandable research data management infrastructure and tools
- Join the NCRIS eResearch communities
To realise the benefits on offer, we recommend you commit to staying with VicNode with a period of at least 12 months. The costs are directly related to your allocation.
How do I get involved?
Please contact the VicNode Office.
What we’ll need to know:
- What volume of storage is required?
- What are the access and usage patterns?
- Expected growth rate of your storage allocation?
- How should the storage be accessed and managed?
From the above information, we will proposed a solution that we think fits your needs.
Things that we’ll need to agree upon include:
- Technical solution to implement
- Support Agreement
- Terms and Conditions
- VicNode Storage Service Offering V022
Processes we’ll need to make sure are in place:
- Access Management (by Access Method)
- Billing and pPayment
- Terms and Conditions Agreement
Please contact the VicNode Office if you are interested and have any questions.